A Down Payment link has been added to the website on the Listings Page to allow you to find out what kind of Down Payment Assistance is available for any property. One of the best ones for Texas Veterans is Homes For Texas Heroes. The Homes for Texas Heroes and Home Sweet Texas Home Loan Programs are available for teachers, fire fighters, police and correctional officers, veterans, and low and moderate-income homebuyers. These loans and home down payment assistance programs are available through a network of lenders across the state and all provide the following benefits:
- A 30-year fixed interest rate mortgage loan
- No upfront origination points charged to you
- Net 3%, 4%, or 5% in down payment assistance
- You do not need to be a first-time homebuyer
- You do not need to live in the home for any set period of time
- First-time buyers can also use TSAHC’s Mortgage Credit Certificate Program.
The options listed below are available to help individuals purchase a home: